Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Addy's hair... HELP!

  1. #11
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Post

    GreyMyst,

    That style is beautiful...your Addy is gorgeous! I am so glad to see your post!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Addy's hair! I also have AGOT #15 who has textured hair. It is not difficult to maintain once you get the hang of it. I spray it a lot and use a wire bristle brush when styling the hair. Do you have the Doll Hairstyle Book? There are a lot of great tips on styling the hair.

  3. #13
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Don't you all know this post is just adding to my anxiety and anticipation?

    I keep looking out the window all day, hoping the mail truck is pulling into the driveway with my very own Addy. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aww yay! She is SO much cuter in person too! I saw that one, but didn't bid. I was going to use her to make a custom but decided I just don't have enough time. Now I'm glad I didn't! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] That aqua dress is just TOO cute on her too.

    I can show you how to give her braided extensions if you end up not liking her hair short. The braiding hair is REALLY cheap (like $5 for enough to do her whole head).

    Here is the technique used on MY head. Can you believe my REAL hair was only about 1.5 inches long in that pic? ALL the rest is braided extension hair.

    camera2yt

    So if you decide to try it, just ask! . I could totally see her with short pigtail style afro puffs too though! SO cute either way, you just can't go wrong with Addy!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member kitschywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    394
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    O.M.G. That is coool. Now I want extensions. I don't think work would go for it, though. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GreyMyst, your hair looks awesome!! I do my DD's hair that way a lot!! She loves it! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GreyMyst: your hair is soooo cool!!!

    Regarding Addy's hair: Addy has therapeutic value for me!!! When I am truly fried, I always find an excuse to brush her and change her and hug her! And I feel better.
    Miaoshi also does that to me, but her hair is so straight and limp... that it is so much more fun to play with Addy's hair!
    A good brushing always works, and then you can give her almost any do without having to be so pesky about fly away strands as with the straight hair dolls... I love her!!!
    And, yes, I am also as pale as professor Snape on a bad day! Color has nothing to do with it! It is LOVE!!!

    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Wink

    kitschywoman in braids......ohhhhh..I love it!
    [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry you are having so much trouble with Addy's hair. She is the only doll whose hair I styled, and even though I am not AA she is the doll with hair closest in texture to my own. (Although mine is a curly textured, not a straight textured like addy.)

    I loved braiding her hair, and never thought it to be poofy, although I suppose it is. Maybe it's just because my hair is so poofy.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't you all know this post is just adding to my anxiety and anticipation?

    I keep looking out the window all day, hoping the mail truck is pulling into the driveway with my very own Addy. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    I won a preloved Addy with a haircut from Ebay for a reasonable price.She looked like she still had a good bit of hair.Gosh I hope there is still enough to play with.I just know she is going to be a favorite.

    Now if she will just get here.I feel like I have been waiting forever. (I really have not been waiting all that long- just feels that way.)

  10. #20
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GreyMyst, Your hair looks awesome! Did it take a long time for you to do it like that? It looks great! How cool.

    Yes, I would love to know what I would need to do to give Addy extensions if she ends up needing them.Thank you.I may already have the right kind of hair here.I have Jumbo Braid, but I can buy more Pro Silky or whatever I need.

    The auction, yes, That's her! My Addy.Isn't she a sweetheart? I am so excited about her.I really hope she gets here soon.
    I love her dress to.I forget what it was called... some kind of a spring dress I think.
    The auction said she had a haircut, but I could not really tell much about her hair because of the style.Either way, she is cute as a button if you ask me.I have never seen Addy in person, so I can hardly wait!


    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •